LATEST CSA SHARES:
WHAT IS A CSA?
CSA stands for “Community Supported Agriculture”. Developed in the 1960’s in Japan, CSA programs are designed to build a relationship between the farmer and community. Members (that’s you) buy shares in the farms output before the season starts, and then reap the benefits of the harvest each week as the season progresses. CSA members agree to share in the fluctuation and variations inherent in farming, and understand that their produce will be grown with organic, sustainable farming practices. Members are, in essence, shareholders in the farm, thus becoming invested in its successes and failures. This joint venture allows the farmer to receive capital before the season starts when they need it most and allows them to be in the field during the growing season instead of worrying about selling their produce.
There are other benefits to supporting local farms and CSA programs. As consumers, we have become accustomed to buying fruits and vegetables shipped from all over the world, regardless of the season. This is a waste of resources and energy. This also means that food is harvested before it has ripened in order to make the journey. This long journey sacrifices the nutritional value and flavor of the produce. By choosing locally grown food, you ensure that you are eating the freshest, most nutrient dense and best tasting food possible and being environmentally responsible at the same time.
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO:
Each member will enjoy a weekly or bi-weekly share of fresh, certified organic fruits, vegetables, microgreens and herbs (depending on availability). Our carefully selected varieties and organic growing practices bring out the very best in flavor and nutrition. Produce is harvested when it is ripe, just before you receive it. Members can enjoy peace of mind knowing that everything is grown organically, meeting or exceeding that of USDA Organic protocols. We never use chemicals, synthetic pesticides or herbicides on any of our crops.
We will send out newsletters throughout the harvest season, filled with updates, recipes, and stories from the farm. Members can also look forward to exclusive CSA farm tours and opportunities to volunteer and learn about how their food is grown. We want our members to have a true understanding of our farm and how their food is grown. We are growing for you!
We offer weekly or bi-weekly shares with multiple pick up options. A sample of a CSA share might include: a bag of spring lettuce mix, a bunch of carrots, a head of romaine lettuce, a bunch of beets, a bunch of red curly kale, a bunch of green onions, a package of pea shoots. Our members also have the option of adding our pastured chicken eggs and fresh-cut flowers to each CSA pick up.
WHAT WE GROW:
Fall/Winter Season (October - February): Arugula, Beets, Carrots, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Fennel, Herbs, Kale, Lettuce, Microgreens, Onions, Peppers, Radishes, Spinach, Summer Squash, Salad Mix, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Winter Squash
Spring/Summer Season (March - June): Arugula, Beets, Carrots, Collard Greens, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Fennel, Herbs, Kale, Lettuce, Microgreens, Onions, Peppers, Radishes, Spinach, Summer Squash, Salad Mix, Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, Turnips, Winter Squash
SPRING/SUMMER & FALL/WINTER CSA OPTION:
- Choose Weekly (16 weeks $400) or Bi-Weekly Shares (8 weeks $240).
- Add a dozen of our pastured chicken eggs to each pick up (16 weeks for $112 or 8 weeks for $56).
- Add a bouquet of our organic fresh-cut flowers to each pick up (16 weeks for $128 or 8 weeks for $64).
- Pay in full and receive a 5% discount or make two payments and pay full price.
FOUR SEASON CSA OPTION:
- Choose Weekly (32 weeks $800) or Bi-Weekly Shares (16 weeks $480).
- Add a dozen of our pastured chicken eggs to each pick up (32 weeks for $224 or 16 weeks for $112).
- Add a bouquet of our organic fresh-cut flowers to each pick up (32 weeks for $256 or 16 weeks for $128).
- Pay in full and receive a 10% discount or make two payments and pay full price.
CSA FARM CARD OPTION:
- Purchase CSA Farm Card for $360 and receive $400 to spend at our farmers market and farm store.
- Our CSA Farm Card allows you to purchase only the items you want.
- Our CSA Farm Card allows you to spend your CSA credit at your convenience.
PICK UP DAYS & LOCATIONS:
- Saturday 8a-2p Steadfast Farm at Eastmark (Mesa)
- Saturday 8a-12p Gilbert Farmers Market (Gilbert)
- Saturday 8a-2p Bold Roost (Gilbert)
- Saturday 9a-2p Crepe Bar (Tempe)
- Saturday 8a-12p Phoenix Public Market (Phoenix)
- Saturday 8a-12p Uptown Farmers Market (Phoenix)
- Wednesday 8a-2p Bold Roost (Gilbert)
- Wednesday 9a-12p The Bistro (Queen Creek)
- Wednesday 9a-12p ASU Polytechnic Campus (Mesa)
- Wednesday 9a-2p Crepe Bar (Tempe)
- Wednesday 3p-6p Steadfast Farm at Eastmark (Mesa)
- Wednesday 5p-7p Verve Wellness Center (Mesa)
- Wednesday 2:30p-4p FnB (Scottsdale)
- Wednesday 12p-3p Pane Bianco (Phoenix)
- Wednesday 12p-5p Nelson's Meat + Fish (Phoenix)
- Wednesday 4p-9p Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co (Gilbert)