Peach Pruning Completed
We finished pruning our peach trees and it looks like were gonna have a good crop this year!
With these warm days and cool nights, we have lots of beautiful head lettuce coming out of the fields.
This Week's Abbey Kitchen Recipe: Date + Orange Muffins
Yields 12 large muffins
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 medium orange
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cold almond milk
1 1/2 tsp oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small mixing bowl, toss the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Add the orange and the dates into a food processor and blend, add in the fresh squeezed orange juice to help blend smoothly. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg and stir in the milk and oil. Add in the date/orange mixture to the wet.
4. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and stir them together briefly, a few lumps are just fine!
5. Fill a greased muffin tin to two-thirds full and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Enjoy!! May add in 1/2 cupped walnuts to the recipe as well.
Fall/Winter CSA Week 15
Fall/Winter CSA week 16: spring garlic, black tuscan kale, romanesco cauliflower, valencia oranges, medjool dates, marsh white grapefruit, romaine lettuce. Want to join? You can sign up now to reserve your spot for the Spring/Summer Season which starts next week! Go to www.steadfast-farm.com/csa/ for more info.
Making New Beds
This Week we measured and marked out 60 new 100' permanent beds. Next week we will shape them into raised beds.